With this ready made kit, you can easily add SPDIF Optical Audio to your sega saturn for superior sound quality.
Sound quality will be greatly improved as a result of this mod using a TOSLINK/SPDIF cable into your TV / Surround Sound System.
1. Connect wires from the Mod Kit Board solder points (Under Blue Line) to the following points to the Sega Saturn DAC chip using the table below to find the corresponding Chip Leg Number on the DAC Chip.
2. If your Saturn has the TDA1386 DAC, Please close jumper "J1". If your Saturn has the PCM1710 DAC, Please close jumper "J2".
3. The Sega Saturn has 3 types of DAC Chips depending on the motherboard version number, locate the DAC chip on your motherboard to find which one you have.
4. Connect the following 3 points to the SPDIF connector and find a suitable mounting location for the connector.
Sega Saturn SPDIF Kit
- Product Code: Sega Saturn SPDIF Kit
- Availability: 27