With this simple mod, you can reset your console with your controller using a button combination.
This version is compatible with all "The Original PCEngine (White) and the CoreFrafx 1 & 2" models.
This is the perfect solution for Everdrives as these don't have an In Game Reset feature.
This will allow easy swapping of games without getting up out of the comfort of your chair :)
You can use this with or without any Everdrives to still bring an awesome feature to the console.
Holding (I+II+RUN+SELECT) for 3 seconds gives the console a 2 second reset pulse.
Step 1: Console Dissasembly
1. Remove the 4 GameBit screws from the bottom of the console.
Step 2: Preparing / Installing Kit
1. Locate the 7805 voltage regulator and cut a small section away from the 3rd pin so it is no longer connected to the mainboard as shown.
2.Use some flux and desoldering wick to flatten and remove the excess solder from the solder pads shown in RED so that they are flush with the mainboard.
3. Place the PCEngine IGR Kit over the solder pads and solder all the points shown in ORANGE.
4. Solder the GND pad on the PCEngine IGR Kit to the GND pad on the motherboard as shown in the YELLOW box.
4. Solder 1 piece of thick gauge wire from the solder point shown in GREEN below to the GREEN solder point (5V IN) located on the PCEngine IGR Kit.
5. Solder 1 piece of thick gauge wire from the solder point shown in BLUE below to the BLUE solder point (5V OUT) located on the PCEngine IGR Kit.
6. Test before re-assembly.
ArcadeTV - For the inspiration of this mod with his version (https://github.com/ArcadeTV/HuEverReset)
This is my own recreation of his open-source design that is much easier, neater and quicker to install.
PCEngine / CoreGrafx IGR In-Game-Reset Kit
- Product Code: PCEngine / CoreGrafx IGR Kit
- Availability: 89