With this simple and easy to install mod, you can get the best video output possible (RGB) from your console.
Included is a MiniDIN9 Conection PCB so you can use a MiniDin9 Socket with a MegaDrive 2 style cable.
This version is compatible with all "The Original PCEngine (White) and the CoreFrafx 1 & 2" models.
You are required to purchase seperately a MiniDin9 Socket if you require it.
Step 1: Console Dissasembly
1. Remove the 4 GameBit screws from the bottom of the console.
Step 2: Preparing / Installing Kit
1. Snap off the MiniDIN9 Conection PCB from the Main RGB Board.
2. Place the Main RGB Board over the EXT PORT Pins.
3. Solder the points in RED making sure everything makes good contact.
4. (Usual Case) If your RGB Cable HAS 75 ohm Resistors & 220uF Capacitors on the RGB lines, Solder the jumpers marked in BLUE.
5. If your RGB Cable DOESN'T HAVE 75 ohm Resistors & 220uF Capacitors on the RGB lines, Solder the jumpers marked in GREEN.
6. If you would like to enable the Low Pass Filter, Solder the jumper marked in ORANGE.
7. You can also use the solder pads marked in YELLOW (Red, Green, Blue & SYNC) if you'd like to connect the RGB output another way, I.E. DIN9 Socket.
2. Desolder and remove the original RF Box and install the MiniDin9 socket, making sure to align it with the case cutout.
3. Solder the MiniDIN9 Conection PCB to the MiniDin9 Socket.
4. Connect the included ribbon cable from the Main RGB Board to the MiniDIN9 Conection PCB with the blue tabs facing upwards.
5. If you have double checked your installation and are not getting any video output, join the 2 pins "S" and "CV" together with a blob of solder on the MiniDIN9 Conection PCB just incase your cable has Sync on another pin.
6. Test before re-assembly.
PCEngine / CoreGrafx EasyRGB Kit
- Product Code: PCEngine / CoreGrafx EasyRGB Kit
- Availability: 53